Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Blog?

I wanted to share my creations but felt weird about having all of my personal laundry out there for people to read about. So now I have my crafting blog and my personal blog.

I fell in love with the art of scrapbooking again after attending a retreat several weekends ago after having not scrapped for close to six months and now I have been pouring over scrapbook magazines, websites and blogs. I started scrapbooking in 1998 and have completed many albums.

My personal scrapbooking philosophy is to keep it simple, don't get bogged down by the details, have fun and just get it done. I'm not one who strives for perfection and most of my pages are a throwback to the scrapping trends of about five years ago. I'll admit, I am so behind the times that I just recently started putting other embellishments besides stickers on my pages. I make no apologies about this though and my theory is that in 25, 50, 100 years my grand-children and future generations won't be able to tell exactly what month I did a certain page and what the trends were. The most important thing for me is that the photos and memories are preserved.

I also love to stamp and sew and notice that I will put all my stamping stuff away and focus on sewing for a month and then I will stamp for a month and then move on to scrapping. I'm torn at the moment because I feel in a groove with the scrapbooking thing but have just recently become addicted to the TV show Project Runway so I am inspired to create some lovely garments. I mostly sew American Girl doll clothes, pajama bottoms and curtains. Very basic stuff. I'm afraid I won't be coming out with my couture collection anytime soon.

I hope this blog is an enjoyable one.

No comments: