Thursday, April 24, 2008

One of My Many Vices


My name is Molly and I am addicted to patterns. When Jo-Ann Fabrics has a pattern sale I pretty much start shking and begin to foam at the mouth. I'm almost thankful that there aren't any other places to buy patterns around here because I could be in some serious trouble.
What do I plan on making this time? For starters I saw a really cute apron at a gift shop made with western fabric and fringe at the bottom. It was adorbale and I immediately thought of my two nieces who live on a farm of sorts. Next up, a doggie dirndle for Butterscotch as we partake in Leavenworth's Maifest in a few weeks and yes, there is a lederhosen/ dirndle contest for dogs.
Finally, at another gift shop there was a very chic tote/ purse made out of the coolest retro fabric and I want to recreate that as well.
I am the poster child for the signs you see at craft shows. The ones that state "Sure you could make this at home.......but will you???" My answer to that is always, " Well, I had the best intentions." Meaning that my craft room cupboards are exploding with unused patterns. That still doesn't stop me from eagerly anticipating the next pattern sale.

1 comment:

silvernale@clearwire.net said...

You call that a vice?

I have added a new job to the mental list I have of jobs I never want to do - designing patterns for dogs. The idea of a doggie dirndle makes me want to howl!